Are you passionate about finding and sharing stories that present a different perspective of your country and community? Are you tired of the stereotypical narratives that prevail about the continent? And how much do you know about countries other than yours?
Well, there is something you can do about it. You can apply to become an Africa No Filter Media Fellow and join Africa’s first digital-only, soft news agency pilot.
We’re looking for a total of 12 multimedia journalists; one each from Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Somalia, DRC, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt. They will provide stories of creativity, innovation, arts & culture, human interest, profiles and fresh opinion pieces for Africa’s most influential news outlets.
The Africa No Filter story agency is a virtual newsroom and a fully immersive working experience. Fellows will are expected to be available for daily meetings, and produce two to three multimedia content pieces each week. The duration of the fellowship is one year.
- Education and work experience: Journalism/media graduate with 2-5 years of experience as a multi-media news/content producer.
- Demonstrable passion for alternative African stories and content.
- Must be able to produce video content, from ideation to execution.
- Demonstrable aptitude for identifying and telling compelling stories.
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Apply with a portfolio of multi-media content and CV with two contactable references.
Use this form to apply. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applications close on 10 January 2021.